Under the direct supervision of licensed personnel, or within a training environment, the Laboratory Technician will assist with responsibilities associated with processing specimens for clinical testing and will provide general support for the laboratory following established policies and procedures.
- Perform simple to complex assays by following the established departmental protocols.
- Read and understand all DOPs related to the department and adhere to all department rules and protocols.
- Prepare clinical specimens for testing and identify specimen related problems.
- Take a main role in preparing and QC the reagents and chemicals by using the DOPs.
- Logging of Quality Control and Quality Assurance results for review by licensed technologist.
- Assists in preparation of validation documentation of new tests and procedures as required by the company.
- Cleaning and maintenance of the lab equipment.
- Maintain laboratory in a clean, functional state, as well as cleaning or performing scheduling equipment and instrument maintenance / calibration / certifications, as required.
- Standing, sitting, walking, bending, reaching, manual manipulation, and lifting up to 15 pounds.
- Other duties as assigned by Medical Laboratory Director or VP of Operations.
- Shift: Tuesday – Saturday 10 AM – 6:30 PM
- One+ years of experience equivalent to a Laboratory Technician or Laboratory Assistant preferred
- BS or BA degree is required (in a life or physical science field is strongly preferred) / or AA or AS degree in conjunction with Medical Laboratory Technician License
- Basic understanding of laboratory techniques preferred
- Basic understanding of MS Office programs
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently
- Must be able to work in a fast paced, multi-tasking environment and maintain production and quality standards
- Must be able to work in a biohazard environment and comply with safety policies and standards outlined in the Safety Manual
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
NeoGenomics endeavors to make http://www.neogenomics.com/careers accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact Human Resources at 866-776-5907 option 0 or HR@NeoGenomics.com.